They

by Kenny Eller on March 19, 2012

They all have something to say.

They say it will never happen.

They shake their heads and quietly chuckle.

They try to introduce doubt.

They pour their pessimism all over me and expect me to wilt.

They question my motives.

They call themselves my friends.

But…

They don’t know how badly I want this.

They didn’t see the tears or hear me as I cried alone in my car 16 months ago, because I didn’t want to leave.

They didn’t feel the pain or the push as I went through rebuilding my leg.

They haven’t seen the countless emails and tweets I’ve written or the calls I’ve made.

They haven’t boarded the planes or driven the hours in an effort to make it all happen.

They didn’t see my head droop after the worst beating of my life and they don’t know that it inspired me to work harder.

They haven’t seen the thousands of makes, when I’m alone in the gym.

They don’t know what it’s like to feel the pain of a “no” from those that have the ability to help…or what it’s like to keep pressing forward.

They don’t know what it’s like to come face to face with Michael Jordantwice!

They are powerless against my journey and yours.

***

Maybe these words are for you.

Perhaps you want to be the best player on your team and currently you’re not even close.

Maybe you just want to be happy.

They have controlled you, your entire life, and you’ve let them.

It’s time to stop listening to them.

It’s time to listen to yourself.

Only you know how badly you want it.

Now show the rest of the World.

If you work hard enough, one day THEY will tell you that they always knew you could do it.

####

Connect:  Twitter (@KennyEller) and mevsMJ.com Facebook Fan Page.

####

If you’re new to the site, I set out in August 2010 to get a game of 1-on-1 vs. my childhood hero Michael Jordan.  This site is about that journey…through every valley, to every mountain top of triumph!

Image Source

Frank November 13, 2013 at 4:38 am

I have to say that you are inspiring and most relative to those who are hungry and who are trying to achieve there standard of success. I support your dream of playing Mj and I KNOW you will do it some day at your pace. I’m on the road myself.

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller November 13, 2013 at 7:29 am

Thanks Frank! I appreciate that! What is your journey?

Frank November 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Iv been in the world of finance since I was 16 and as of now I’m studying for my series 7, but my journey started when I was in elementary school.
Along the way I learned that with achieving success, you must believe it to see it rather than seeing it to believe it. Iv cried, doubted myself, though of quitting, many times. The one word that you stress so often has kept me walking to running in this journey though, and that is Passion. Thanks for the inspiration. I too have a passion for being on the court, and understanding the Ring can take you a long way. It’s all about the Ring. Thank you.

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller November 13, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Keep the faith Frank!

Last week, I was a guest of a podcast, that may offer further motivation. Here is the link if you’d like to listen: http://redbackpack.net/026-how-to-play-michael-jordan-one-on-one-with-ken-eller/

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement!

Frank November 13, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Just took some time out to listen to the podcast. The story was entertaining and inspiring! Thanks for the link. I wish you the best with the journey and I’ll be following the website. Do you play NBA 2k14 on Xbox live?

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller November 13, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

I don’t have 2k14. Haven’t played video games much lately. Will let you know if I get it though.