Tomorrow I Shoot Hoops with Dave Hopla! (The Greatest Basketball Shooter in the World!)

by Kenny Eller on April 14, 2011

Dave Hopla with Michael Jordan!

I’ve been excited to announce this to everyone and late last night I got the confirmation.

It’s BIG!

Tomorrow morning I will have something in common with Michael Jordan!!!

Tomorrow I take the NEXT GIGANTIC STEP in my preparation to play the greatest basketball player in the world, Michael Jordan…by working with the greatest basketball shooter in the world, Dave Hopla!!!

Dave Hopla (The Greatest Basketball Shooter in the World!)

Imagine making more than 98% of the shots you take! (In 2007 Hopla, who writes down the results of ever shot he takes, made 99.19% making 11,093 of 11,183)

Envision draining 1,234 free throws in a row without a miss.

Dream of making 211 high school 3-pointers in a row without a miss.

Fantasize dropping 181 college 3-pointers in a row without a miss.

Visualize yourself shooting and watching 78 NBA 3-pointers go in, in a row without a miss.

I can only imagine, envision, dream of, fantasize and visualize (right now), but that is Dave Hopla’s life!

He’s the greatest basketball shooter in the world!

He makes shots!

Besides his “Airness”, Hopla has personally worked with the likes of future Hall of Famers Kobe Bryant and Ray Allen.  He has also worked over the years with numerous NBA, WNBA and College teams to improve their shooting percentages.

Now, around 11am on Friday morning, Dave Hopla will work with me!

I AM SO EXCITED, THANKFUL and HUMBLED!!!

Anything is possible!!!

me vs. MJ…the journey continues!!!

*For more information on Dave Hopla, check out his website www.davehopla.com.

Image Source

Rick Rosser April 14, 2011 at 9:43 am

Wow! Congrats on getting to shoot with Dave! I haven’t had the chance to meet him yet(just a couple of emails) but he’s on my list of great shooters who I hope to meet. His stats are amazing and gets me fired up to hit the gym. Rick

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller April 14, 2011 at 10:32 am

Thanks so much Rick! I’m really looking forward to it!

Are you still coming down this month or next? Looking forward to shooting with you as well!

Charissa Eller April 16, 2011 at 7:28 am

So happy you were able to meet with him! Anything is possible!

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller April 16, 2011 at 7:34 am

Thanks! It was an amazing experience! So thankful! Yes, anything is possible!

Michael Villegas March 15, 2013 at 4:13 am

Do you know that Hopla is now the shooting coach of the Knicks? Imagine if he joined the team! Together with Melo, Novak, Kidd, and J.R. Smith, do you think 60 3 pointers in a game is possible?

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller March 15, 2013 at 6:34 am

I sure do. We talk every couple of weeks. Dave is a great guy.

I think everyone wants to see Hopla on an NBA court…or at least in the NBA 3 point contest! I’d love for the NBA or someone to just do a special on him and show the World, what really is possible when it comes to shooting the basketball.

Michael Villegas March 15, 2013 at 10:44 pm

But do you think that if Dave joined the Knicks, they could reach like 60 3 pointers in a single game? Also, I have another shooter that you would wanna make contact with. His name is Ted St. Martin. He is the greatest free throw shooter in the world. He made 5,221 free throws in a row without a miss! Here is his Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_St._Martin

Michael Villegas March 19, 2013 at 8:23 am

Are you here man? You didn’t answer my question.

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller March 22, 2013 at 9:47 am

I’ve been traveling bro. Who knows what would happen if Dave played. Anything is possible.

I’m familiar with Ted St. Martin. Appreciate it.

Michael Villegas March 24, 2013 at 3:42 am

Oh ok. So you’re answer is yes I believe?