Free Throw Friday (video post)

by Kenny Eller on October 22, 2010

The journey to 100 Free Throws in a Row began early this morning for me.

Starting today, I will do my best to post a video every Friday of my progress on the road to 100.

Today I made 16 in a row.  Not bad for day one!

If you’d like to join me on the road to 100, click here and commit in the comments section!  Let’s do it together!

The song used in this video is, Everywhere You Go, off of Third Day’s new album Move.

Nate October 22, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Yeah buddy! I love the idea of the video updates each week. Keep ’em coming.

You have a great looking shot by the way, seriously.

And making 100 in a row on an outdoor court is in my opinion much more legit than on an indoor court. Those outdoor rims don’t have much give to them and getting a nice bounce on a miss is not as common.

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller October 22, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Thanks Nate, I’ll do my best at getting the videos up. :-)

Thank you to for the compliment on the shot! Lots of work over the years!

Yeah, I agree making them outdoors is much more difficult. The rims are not forgiving. I’m not oppposed to making 100 indoors, I just don’t have access. :-(

Shane Turk October 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm

You are inspiring me Ken. Today I ran 7 miles in 59:14! I was gased, but it felt good to complete 7 miles. In the Marine Corps I never ran more than 5 miles, so this was a personal best for me. Also just a little while ago I went over to my mom’s and shot some free throws. As I have posted before my personal best for consecutive FT was 33. Today I got to 32 and mentally freaked out and missed the 33rd! :-( I was bumbed about that, but today was a good day all in all :-)

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller October 23, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Wow!! 7 miles is awesome and the time is fast man! Good job!!!!

That’s so funny with the free throws! 32 is awesome! It’s funny how the mind plays those games isn’t it!

I want to get back to the court asap now!!! :-)

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller October 24, 2010 at 7:10 am

Shane…how has all the running you’ve been doing lately affected you when you are playing? Are you noticing a difference in your conditioning yet?

I love being on the court, feeling like I can go and go and go.

Now just have to work on all the details and at the end of the day…PLAY A LOT! 😀

Shane Turk October 24, 2010 at 8:06 am

I think so. Some days that I play in the evening, I am pretty tuckered out though because I had already ran in the morning :-) Do you think I may be running too much, at least on the days that I play ball? For the most part I am feeling great and some of my excess weight is starting to come off ( 6 pounds in three weeks :-) ).

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller October 24, 2010 at 10:54 am

First…6 lbs!!! Awesome man!!!!

As far as the running goes, I don’t typically run on the days I play hoops. You want to make sure you are giving your legs some recovery time, especially since you are just getting back into it.

How many miles are you running a week and what’s your schedule?

Shane Turk October 24, 2010 at 3:41 pm

My schedule:

Sunday- walk 3.5 miles with wife.
Monday- Run 3 miles (morning)
Tuesday- Run 3 miles (morning) / play BB 1.5-2 hrs (evening)
Wednesday – Run 3 miles (morning)
Thursday- Run 3 miles (morning) / play BB 1.5-2 hrs (evening)
Friday – off
Saturday – Run longer distance (up to 7 miles now, hope to increase gradually)

So I am up to 19 miles of running a week. Thanks for the encouragment regarding the weight :-)

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller October 24, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Wow! You might have to come to camp with me! We are gonna be in crazy shape.

I guess it depends on how you are feeling, but you could always do 5 on Monday and Wednesday and eliminate Tuesday and Thursday runs. Might give your legs a bit more rest, but I know 5 may seem like a lot too.

I think as long as your legs are feeling good, its up to you. You might want to pick up some Recoverite for after you longer Saturday run.

You are a busy guy! Love it! 😀

Joe Stewart October 27, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I like shot #11, a nail biter! You’re going to need someone to chase the balls for you to make 100. Hard to find a rhythm when you have to run after the ball.

Kenny Eller Kenny Eller October 28, 2010 at 12:16 am

Haha, yeah it was for me too! Yeah, I agree on having a rebounder. I figure when I get closer I will encourage my brother to rebound for me like I ALWAYS did for him back in the day 😉